1. Your name:
BMUS Music Education Heidelberg College
BS Music Therapy, minor in psychology, certificate in gerontology Indiana University – Fort Wayne
Kindermusik – Kindermusik University
MSEd Special Education Indiana University – Fort Wayne
Music has always been a very strong part of my life. I began playing flute when I was 10 and have played in band, orchestra, pit orchestra, choir, percussion ensemble, flute choir, woodwind ensemble, and the Fort Wayne Youth Symphony. I am the Director of Therapy Services at Ferraro Behavior Services in Fort Wayne Indiana where we offer home and community based therapies. I supervise both the music therapy and recreation therapy departments as well as provide services to clients on my case load.
3. Favorite band/artist in 7th grade:
4. Why did you want to write an e-book?
I have several ideas for e-books but initially the Music Therapy and Autism Handbook was part of my final project for my masters. When I was presenting my research for the book one of the things I mentioned that it would be a valuable resource if therapist could access the book online and carry it with them everywhere so they could utilize it when they needed it.
5. What was your process for developing your e-book?
Literature review, calendar with section deadlines, review process, surveying other therapist, several drafts and revisions
6. Favorite book (e-book or print) related to Music Therapy
Music Therapy in Special Education Mary Adamek and Alicia-Ann Darrow
7. How would you describe your e-book in three words or less?
1) Autism, 2) Assessment, 3) Interventions
8. Who can benefit from purchasing your e-book and why?
Music therapy students, new music therapist, and educators who are working with individuals with autism in order to better understand the different characteristics and how music can be used to help them become more independent.
9. What kinds of music therapy e-books would you like to see more of on MusicTherapyEbooks.com?
Songs, activities and ideas of how music therapy are using music in their sessions.
10. Anything else you would like to add?
It is very exciting that we have a way to share our experiences and ideas with others so we can continue to grow and learn from each other.