1. Your name:
JoAnn Jordan, MT-BC
University of Kansas (Rock Chalk!)
3. Favorite band/artist in 7th grade:
7th grade was so long ago! I do remember everyone rocking out with Alice Cooper to “School’s Out for Summer”.
4. Why did you want to write an e-book?
Intergenerational groups are a blast! They require a little extra planning. I wanted to make it easy for others to lead intergenerational groups of preschoolers and seniors.
5. What was your process for developing your e-book?
Locating my session plans from over the years was my first step. Once that was together, I had to try and trace where I had found some of the songs. Once I had it together, I hired an editor to “clean it up”.
6. Favorite book (e-book or print) related to Music Therapy:
If I must narrow it to one, it would be “Music Therapy and Geriatric Populations” by Belgrave, Darrow, Walsworth, and Wlodarczyk
7. How would you describe your e-book in three words or less?
Time-tested, fun resources
8. Who can benefit from purchasing your e-book and why?
Anyone who works in senior living communities or in preschoolers should consider it especially if they are thinking about intergenerational groups. For those it senior living communities, you’ll find ideas for those days the children are visiting. For those in preschools, many of the ideas can be easily retooled for your classroom.
9. What kinds of music therapy e-books would you like to see more of on MusicTherapyEbooks.com?
More books in general. Having immediate access to resources and materials is SO helpful. It takes mail a while to reach my corner of the world.
10. Anything else you would like to add?
Thanks for offering this much needed resource!