Meet the Author: Stephanie Bolton
1. Your name:
BM in Music Therapy from University of Alabama (1997), MA in Music Therapy from St. Mary of the Woods College (2007), GIM training from Atlantis Institute for Consciousness & Music (formerly the Mid-Atlantic Institute) (FAMI- 2013)
3. Favorite band/artist in 7th grade:
In middle school I loved the group Chicago and Phil Collins
4. Why did you want to write an e-book?
Over the last few years, it seems like every time I lead a group in a visualization exercise someone asks me afterwards where I found the script I used. Since I typically only use original scripts and I’d been asked so many times, I thought it would be a good idea to compile all my scripts into a book.
5. What was your process for developing your e-book?
My process for developing the ebook was fairly organic. I gathered my scripts, fleshed out some that weren’t fully written out, realized I needed to write a few chapters to explain how to use them…. It was more of a process of realizing the book needed “something else” and so then I’d write that, look it over again and realize it needed another “something else” and write that.
6. Favorite book (e-book or print) related to Music Therapy
Favorite MT book— Bruscia’s “Case Studies in Music Therapy”
7. How would you describe your e-book in three words or less?
Creative, evocative, useful
Diving Deeper: 30 Guided Visualization Scripts for Individual and Group Work
8. Who can benefit from purchasing your e-book and why?
This book is written for any professional who facilitates groups or treats individuals who might find visualization exercises beneficial. I know I’m always looking for new ideas and tools to use with my clients!
9. What kinds of music therapy e-books would you like to see more of on MusicTherapyEbooks.com?
Books full of session ideas or super simple methods for guitar tunings/chord progressions/strum patterns
10. Anything else you would like to add?
Nope, nothing else except to say THANKS for putting my ebook out there! 🙂