Meet the Author:
1. Your name:
Emily Sutin, MT-BC
Bachelor of Music in Music Therapy, Associate of Science in Graphic Design
3. Favorite band/artist in 7th grade:
Trying to think back that far, possibly Savage Garden as they were probably out around then.
4. Why did you want to write an e-book?
I didn’t start out intending to with writing songs, but as I had collected quite a few songs that I wrote, I wanted to preserve them in a professional way. I thought that MT Ebooks was a great idea because there wasn’t any upfront cost, nor worrying about printing with just starting out.
5. What was your process for developing your e-book?
6. Favorite book (e-book or print) related to Music Therapy
7. How would you describe your e-book in three words or less?
Original, useful, goal-directed
8. Who can benefit from purchasing your e-book and why?
9. What kinds of music therapy e-books would you like to see more of on MusicTherapyEbooks.com?
I really enjoy the kind that can be immediately put to practical use. I also like the fully notated kind as I wrote, as if I haven’t sung the song in awhile but the client wants to sing it, I have the notes write in front of me to play the melody.
10. Anything else you would like to add?
I think MT E-books is a great way to contribute to the music therapy community; it allows for open creativity in whatever way someone wants to share their knowledge that they feel will benefit other music therapists.