Meet the Author: Michelle Erfurt
1. Your name:
I studied music therapy at Slippery Rock University in Pennsylvania – Go Rock! But, when it comes to my eBook, I learned how to do it through asking questions, Googling, creativity, and bravery.
3. Favorite band/artist in 7th grade
I have fond memories of making mixed tapes at that time that included songs from Right Said Fred, Kris Kross, Tom Cochrane and Arrested Development. 90’s music rules!
4. Why did you want to write an e-book?
I wanted to write an ebook about networking because a lot of my posts on my blog turned out to be about that topic. I was interested in it and I didn’t even know it! Learning how to network was really difficult for me because I just didn’t know where to begin. So, I created The Networking Workbook to help people have that starting place as they begin networking.
5. What was your process for developing your e-book?
I took a look at different networking opportunities out there and determined the similarities that happen between all of them. Then I created sequential worksheets that guide the reader through all the preparation you can do before the event. This way, you feel ready to get your network on!
6. Favorite book (e-book or print) related to Music Therapy:
The book I use the most in session is The Heritage Songster. It’s a basic songbook that we used in undergrad that has really served me well.
7. How would you describe your e-book in three words or less?
Proactive, In-Depth, & Clear.
8. Who can benefit from purchasing your e-book and why?
People who are new to networking, fresh professionals, business owners or folks who consider themselves introverted can benefit from my book.
9. What kinds of music therapy e-books would you like to see more of on MusicTherapyEbooks.com?
I would like to see books that share personal experiences of other music therapists.
10. Anything else you would like to add?
I hope that I can help people make connections! That is what The Networking Workbook is all about.