Easy-to-Implement Fall Music Therapy Ideas
It’s my favorite season of the year!
If you’re needing some new ideas for your fall-themed sessions, we’ve got you covered!
1. Theme-based interventions e-book. Ideas for Halloween, Thanksgiving, & more!
2. Going on a Leaf Hunt book (I read it to the tune of “Going on a Bear Hunt”). Pair it with a sorting leaves activity (either use a printable like this one or go outside and gather some REAL ones together!).
3. Seasons Song (to the tune of Uptown Funk). Here are the free seasons sorting visuals I use to go with it.
4. Spider on the Floor by Raffi. This one is great for “where” questions! Draw a spider on an egg shaker and shake it on each location talked about in the book! Side-note: I changed some of the lyrics in the song/book, as there were a few words I didn’t want to use in sessions (removed the word, “dumb”, changed the “dead” line to “full of dread”, etc.).
6. Apple-themed session ideas
-Rachel See, MA, MT-BC