This 78 page ebook includes:
- Information – History, background, and research on what hasta mudras (hand yoga poses) are and how they and music can be effective in goal-based approaches, including from the yoga lens, as well as how yoga and music impact the body and mind
- 13 Activities – 13 music + mudra activities are ready to implement (including take-home handouts)
- 37 e-cards – 37 printable music + mudras e-cards for visual, sequencing, and adaptive supports
- 18 MP3 Songs, Stories, and Instrumental Sounds – Access to the Music + Mudras Soundtrack on our SoundCloud via links within the ebook – 18 songs, beats, and instrumental sounds to use with activities in the ebook as well as to support you in creating your own music + mudras activities
- Resource Library and Bonus Activities – Access to our resource library including bonus activities and handouts, the ability to ask questions, additional learning videos, instrument suggestions, the ability to submit your activities or songs, and more!
About the authors:
Christine Devereaux is the founder of Spectrum Yoga, a therapeutic yoga service for youth. She is also a certified recreation therapist (CTRS) and an advanced teacher of therapeutic yoga. Since 2007, Christine has worked with kids and adults with varying needs and abilities and started Spectrum Yoga in 2016 with the mission to make the wisdom tradition of yoga accessible for youth with autism, sensory processing challenges, adhd, and anxiety. It is with deep gratitude to her teachers that she is able to share this practice with others.
Bonnie Houpt, MT-BC is a board-certified music therapist in Denver, Colorado and owner of her private practice, Rhythmic Roots Music Services, LLC. Bonnie serves people in the Denver community, including individuals with disabilities of all ages, through music therapy, adapted lessons, and music groups and believes music is accessible to all. Through her business, Bonnie also runs her podcast, Navigating Adulthood and IDD. In her free time, Bonnie enjoys hiking, baking, drumming, and hanging out with her cat.