By Kristen Crouch, MEd, MM, MT-BC, NICU MT
Xylophone Fun was created to offer a basis for introducing music reading in preparation for beginning piano. Children are able to first match color and then the letters from the visual to the xylophone or bells. Doing these simple songs offers exercise in letter recognition, matching, basic reading skills, fine motor skills, and basic music reading skills.
Xylophone Fun is an eBook (PDF format) which can be viewed on an iPad, Tablet, Computer, Smartboard, or printed out and laminated.
Xylophone Fun targets motor skills, hand-eye coordination, and cognitive skills such as letter recognition, matching, and patterns.
- Simple musical patterns and simple songs
- Visual aids to use with bells
- To be used with Basic Beat Resonator Bells or Desk Bells
- Use with iPad, Tablet, Computer, Smartboard, or Print and Laminate
- Recommended for ages 3 and up
Package includes all 3 volumes and the Christmas edition:
- Volume 1 contains simple musical patterns and simple songs
- Volume 2 contains six new, more complex songs to build on what was learned in Vol. 1
- Volume 3 contains eight new songs including a fall holiday song
- Christmas Edition contains seven holiday songs to celebrate the season (each song is provided with and without lyrics)